Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well, zut alors!

I received a nice comment and email from The Paris Blog inviting me to join as a contributor. I wondered what was involved in becoming a contributor - while I'd love to wile away my hours making intriguing comments on Paris living or reviewing the great restaurants and clubs around town, I do have a thing called a Masters program on my agenda. But the lovely Laurie over at TPB relieved me of any obligations. "As a contrib, you don't have to actually do anything. I will excerpt from your blog now and then, always with a link back to your original." Um, can it get more easy than that?

I'm flattered and humbled and want to welcome any new readers or browsers.

Sheesh.. I was trying to be well-behaved before, knowing that even my cute, old grandma reads this sometimes in the company of my awesome aunts. But now... well, hm.. A bit of pressure.

Just so you all know, I'm horrible at engaging in the comments section, but do deeply appreciate any communication. My thoughts wander and I have my own view on Paris. A lot of it's terribly boring graduate school crap, but it might be interesting to a future grad student considering my program - or school in France. I'm not very funny. I'm very political, but I have family members reading the blog from many political parties in the USA so I try not to scream my views. (Although the Sarah Palin Comedy Train is hard not to jump on.) Yeah. So. That's it. Now, I'm going to forget entirely that there are more people reading, because, really I'm shy as all get out.

But, please, make yourself at home here. Enjoy. And, thanks for stopping by.

Oh, and if you're able to in your country --- VOTE!!!!

No comments: