Monday, December 8, 2008

Holidays in Paris

(click the images to enlarge)

Dasha arrives at Gare du Nord - yay!



Thanksgiving party with ex-pats, French friends, and other EU folks

I decided to go with what I've traditionally brought to Thanksgiving for the past five years (inspired by Bowen and enjoyed by my family), which ironically is getting only better now that I'm in Paris: cheese and bread!


photo © Dasha


Stopped by my local "cave" man. "Cave" means something like wine cellar in French. Gilles hooks me up with lovely vin rouge or blanche or champagne. He's great. Visit him at Terroir et Nature on the corner of rue de Douai and rue Fontaine.


photo © Dasha


so. much. good. bread.

photo © Dasha


Dasha models the heavy bread bag, the heavier cheese bag, the wine



The fromage guy wrote each name and type of cheese for us - so nice!!



The beginning of the feast - great: cooking, cheese, bread, friends, wine, and more and more food (batteries weak, no flash)


I was at the little kids' table, there were 27 of us

photo © Kenny

The big kids' table

photo © Kenny

Dancing ensued at the end (had to find a way to work off all that pie!) and then champagne came out

photo © Kenny

And then, there were crazy antics (yes, that's me being hoisted)

photo © Kenny

All in all, a fabulous way to spend Thanksgiving when not with family back home. Thankful for all these great friends.

1 comment:

Starman said...

Dasha, like you, is very pretty. It appears that a good time was had by all.