Wednesday, November 5, 2008

election party arrival

Indiana and Kentucky closing polls at this hour c/o CNN...

Mingling with some French folks, some Americans, some I don't know where from. We've got CNN on and watching the strange interviews and probing investigations that still continue on TV.

On the way to the party, getting off the metro, a guy said loudly and over-spelled (I was wearing my headphones) "J'aime bien ton t-shirt." I replied, "Moi aussi. Merci!"

It's a strange thing to wear t-shirts for your candidates in Paris. People rather think shirts for Gore, Kerry, Obama are more fashionable than their own country's candidates. I'm flattered by this idea, especially as I'm sometimes one of the "anti-American elitists" that Palin talks about lately.

Anyway.

Wil and me.






A Sacramento expat (making power Obama heart.. or um... signs)




Sacramento again






A Sciences Po French supporter




I <3 Obama

1 comment:

Joel Gratz said...

If there's a major French election while you're there, send me a shirt so I can wear it here in the US and support the right candidate.