Tuesday, December 4, 2007

photos, policy, papers and rain

There are about 700 photos in the "Berlin" category. It's the down-side of digital cameras.

I'm thinking about policy all the time and how it's made. Luckily, unlike everyone else in the class, I have a good grasp on the practical steps, actors, processes, institutions, and politics behind policy making. Narrowing my topic down, but sticking to comparative analysis of prostitution laws: regulation, decriminalization, regulation. I absolutely love having access to all kinds of journals, Lexis Nexis, etc. So much knowledge! So much info!

More papers coming down the pipeline. Our last day of one of my classes today.

I went out last week for colleagues' birthdays and ended up at Favala Chic. Great dancing music but drinks at 10E is too much for me.

We celebrated a late Thanksgiving at my colleague, Dena's place. Those photos are forth-coming. She was so kind as to cook me up some nice salmon. I brought the French cheeses for tasting. Plenty of wine. Great company.

It's been raining since Sunday with only short intervals of dry. Seems like everyone's getting pounded with wetness in northern hemispheres. Hope the snow doesn't make its way over here. And I hope everyone's safe and sound!

No comments: