Friday, September 21, 2007

I remember the purpose now

All the inadequate feelings of late were just a reflection, perhaps, of being with so much 'vacation' time and a feel of no purpose. Even Henry Miller needed to write in order to live here.

My first day was intense and encouraging. We walked through introductions to overviews of courses to details of legalities to stay in France. Our study trip is to India for 10 days which just thrills me to no end. I'm completely prepared to eat with the right and wipe with the left. [wait, is it the other way around?!] Also, there's an opportunity to represent our class at a conference in Berlin or Singapore. It's a difficult decision. I've been to Berlin so I know how much fun it can be, almost all who apply will be accepted. I've never been to Singapore but only 2 will be accepted. And, they're roughly the same time period.

I'm slightly ahead of the game as far as legal issues and procedures. I guess it pays to be anal about details [aka a planner] and take initiative.

One note I'm considering from today is whether my mood was lifted because of the purpose, the language, the first day of the next two years of my life - or all of it. Either way, I'm in a lot better mood and feel more confident to settle into enjoying and risking more in Paris. ... Like, maybe I'll go wander into the nearby brasserie and join in the Ireland v. France rugby watching. Just for kicks.

No comments: